Family limited partnerships are frequent audit targets of the Internal Revenue Service. Avoiding audits or responding well to I.R.S. inquiries demands that the appraisal is robust, particularly in the computation of applicable discounts and the treatment of the partnership’s asset composition and operating agreement. Your advisor must understand these dynamics in order to produce a credible result and provide reliable advice.
Below is a partial list of engagements that Arpeggio Advisors’ professionals have completed in the holding company/family limited partnership space:
- Appraisals of numerous marketable securities holding companies/limited partnerships for gift tax reporting purposes
- Appraisals of numerous real estate limited partnerships for gift and estate tax reporting purposes
- Appraisal of a holding company of subprime mortgage debt for corporate reorganization purposes
- Appraisal of a citrus orchard holding company for gift tax reporting purposes
- Appraisal of a bank holding company for gift tax reporting purposes
- Review of a fair value appraisal of a timberland holding company for financial reporting purposes
- Appraisal of a multi-division professional services firm holding company for gift tax reporting purposes
- Appraisal of a limited partnership including real estate, alternative investments and marketable securities for estate tax reporting purposes
Got a holding company or family limited partnership and need help understanding its value? Contact us to let us know how we can help!
Would you like more information? Contact us for a free consultation or if you'd like more literature to review.
Would you like to learn about business valuation topics that are relevant to your business and interesting to read? By filling out this brief form, you will be put on the Valuation Improvisation mailing list as well as our general mailings.